Lisa D. Stern
Lisa D. Stern is a family law attorney who represents couples in all areas of domestic relations such as pre-nuptial agreements, divorce and custody cases as well as post judgment proceedings. She is often called upon to assist clients regarding equitable division of assets such as closely held businesses and large marital estates.
Lisa is an assertive advocate on behalf of her clients. She works closely with local psychologists, mediators, drug and alcohol assessors, private investigators and other respected professionals in order to best represent her clients. Cognizant of the myriad financial and business issues that accompany the dissolution of marriage, Lisa counsels clients regarding decisions with respect to selling or keeping the marital home, division of retirement accounts and support matters.
Lisa is at the forefront of the emerging issues confronting members of the LGBT community as they navigate the uncharted waters of marriage, second family adoption, divorce and child custody issues. Her advocacy on behalf of community members led her to be selected to be a board member of Fair Michigan, a nonprofit organization committed to obtaining equality for members of the LGBT community.
- Wayne State University Law School, Detroit, Michigan
- J.D. - 1995
- Michigan State University
- B.A. - 1991
- Oakland County Bar Family Law Committee, Member
- Wayne County Bar Family Law Committee, Member
- State Bar of Michigan, Family Law Section, Member
- Fair Michigan, Board Member
- Child Custody/Parenting Time
- Spousal Support
- Step Parent and Second Parent Adoption
- Super Lawyers 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019
- ''10 Best 2016'' in Client Satisfaction''
- dbusiness Top Lawyers 2014, 2018, and 2019
- Best Divorce Attorney by Readers of Hour Detroit Magazine
- Martindale Hubbard Peer Rated for Very High Legal Ability and Ethical Standards