When You Have Questions About Child Custody
Your children are the most important part of your life. When it comes to child custody, the outcome will affect their lives and well-being for a long time to come. So you don’t just need answers; you need the right answers and from someone you can trust.
When you work with Lisa Stern, you are working with a lawyer who has been protecting families and children in the metro Detroit area and throughout Michigan since 1995. This experience means that we have seen nearly every type of child custody situation imaginable and can offer you time-tested advice about how to accomplish your goals and give your children the best possible chance to succeed in life.
Our Child Custody Practice
In addition to answering questions about your specific situation, we can provide you with information about custody-related topics such as:
- Understanding how custody issues are decided: We can help you understand how a court will look at a situation and how it will apply the best interests of the child test.
- Working through various custody options: When it comes to sole and joint custody, myths abound. joint custody, for example, does not mean that you will automatically split parenting time 50-50. Learn more about the shared custody options that may be available to you.
- Developing a parenting plan: We can help you craft a comprehensive and creative plan that takes all considerations into account, including school and work schedules, extracurricular activities, logistical concerns, holidays and other details.
- Determining how child support fits into the picture: We have a long history of helping parents receive or pay a fair amount of child support based on their financial means and the needs of their children.
- Navigating potential changes in custody and support arrangements: When life changes — for example, because of a job loss, relocation or remarriage – you might need to modify an existing order. We can help, whether you are seeking or opposing a potential modification.
- Establishing or contesting paternity: Legal parenthood is at the foundation of child custody and support cases. If paternity is an issue, we can help you resolve it.
We also handle cases involving domestic violence or Child Protective Services. The well-being of the children is paramount in these situations. However, sometimes false or exaggerated allegations can end up depriving parents of valuable time with their children – time that’s ultimately irreplaceable. You can rely on us to address these sensitive matters with care and discretion.
Your Family Is Unique
We recognize that families come in all shapes and sizes – and that no two families are alike. When you work with us, you can expect attentive and tailored guidance based on your unique goals, needs and priorities.
Our lawyer understands the challenges and nuances of custody situations involving:
- Divorce and separation
- Unmarried parents
- Grandparents and other relatives
- LGBT couples
Speak Directly With An Attorney
Call us at 800-550-3717 to speak with family law attorney Lisa Stern about your child custody case. You can also contact us online. Based in Bloomfield Hills, we serve clients throughout the Detroit area and statewide.